Tuesday 2 December 2014

Blogmas Day 2- Things I Love About Christmas

Those of you that know me will know that I much prefer Winter to Summer. Christmas is one of the main reasons for that.


I'll be honest, I cant stay calm right now!


Today I decided to write a little post about why Christmas is so special to me. People always used to say to me when I was little "I wish I still enjoyed Christmas like you do. Now its just a lot of stress and not fun anymore". That's why I always expected it to get less exciting every year, but to my surprise it seems to be getting better and better.

The build up is definitely the best part for me. Opening your advent calendar every morning (which reminds me I still have to open mine) and counting down the days is always an exciting part.

I also love walking home when its already getting dark at 3.30pm. Then I can get home, put my onesie on and tuck-up tight in bed and just work from there for the rest of the evening. I'll give you three tries to guess where I'm sat writing this post! Nothing beats the feeling of the weather being cold outside, but you're nice and snug inside.


I get so happy walking home in this sort of setting

One of the highlights of my year is putting up my Christmas decorations. One year my family decided to put them up while I was at school to surprise me. I understand that it was a good intention and all but I was still so, so, so angry that they did it without me. I absolutely love covering the house from top to bottom with lights and various other decorations. It just gets you in such a festive mood, especially if you do it whilst blasting out the Christmas tunes.

Which brings me onto my next point...music. Christmas seems to be the one time of year where it is socially acceptable to play the same old songs, over and over again. And I have no problem with that. I love so many Christmas songs which is useful for picking a song of they day for my Blogmas posts.

And then of course there is the food. Winter seems to be the only time I really enjoy sweet foods. That's probably because I'm used to shoving chocolate, cake and pudding in my face at this time of the year. 

And last but not least I love spending time with friends and family in this season especially. Everyone just seems to be slightly more relaxed and friendly around each other. Christmas is just a magical time of the year as for most people, it never fails to cheer them up. 

Thank you for reading. The song of the day is Fairytale of New York by The Pogues because its my favourite Christmas song of all time. Good luck not feeling festive after listening to it. What is your favourite thing about this time of the year? xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment