Friday 2 December 2016

Blogmas, Day 2 (2016) | Life Ups & Downs

Hi guys,

Today's post won't actually be "Christmassy" as such, it will be more of a life update. I know, I know, day 2 of blogmas and I've already gone off topic, but I just had a few things I wanted to share.


I don't know what it is about this time of year, but for some reason life's ups and downs seem to exaggerated and turned more dramatic. I mean, you have the obvious ups from the holidays and the Christmas spirit, the festive music and obviously the food (lots and lots of food). But then you also have the holiday stress, such as sorting out presents, finding time to see everyone, and having to stay on top of life in general.

I'm the sort of person who is genuinely really overdramatic for no reason. I seriously need to find ways to cope with stress because, in general I have a hard time with it anyway. So any type of pressure turns "normal-stressed-out-Izzy" into "Super-stressed-out-Izzy", so basically I need to find a way to chill. 

One thing that's been causing a bit of the ol' stress is the fact that yesterday I sat my driving test... again... and still managed to fail it. For some reason, I can never cope well in an exam environment. Under normal conditions, sure I can do it. But as soon as you say the words "test" my body turns to jelly and my mind to mush, so good luck getting me to do anything. I just find it particularly annoying because the waiting list for taking the test is so long, and I really want to just tick off having passed my driving test. 

On top of that I've just been generally stressed about life admin. I'm supposed to be applying for uni, yet I have no idea what uni to go to, or how to write my personal statement. As you may have gathered from my blog already, writing is not my strong point. On top of that I really really really want to spend more time with my friends and family this holiday. Apart from that all takes time and often money that I don't have. Especially when I want to treat my friends with presents anyway because they really deserve it for being the best people alive. It just seems like when you manage to squeeze in time to meet up with people during the holidays, you don't have the money. And when you do have the money, you can't find the time urrghh!

But I refuse to simply look at the negative sides of things. It's blogmas, and there's no need for constant pessimism. You gotta take into account the little things in life and really appreciate them. For example, I'm always under the impression that everyone can do everything so much better than I can. But I get little reassurements here and there that I actually do know some things. Like, for example, one of the managers at my work asked me a question because she needed my help. And I could actually answer it... correctly!

And apart from that, the ups are surrounding us all this time of year, it's just a matter of spotting all the small things in life. I'm learning to really appreciate things and not take them for granted. The sorts of things that really make my day now are the following:

  • When my mum has my tea cooked for me ready for when I get back from work
  • Admiring the Christmas lights on the streets
  • The dark evenings which make you feel really cosy when you're wrapped up in bed
  • Scented candles
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Watching  and quoating all your favourite Christmas movies
  • All the Christmas tuuuunes!

So in general I do have to say my life really isn't worth complaining about that much and I do have things to be extremely grateful for. Wow writing this post actually was kinda like therapy. I think it's just a matter of me not being melodramatic and overact when I start to feel like I'm losing control of things.

The moral of this post is don't worry be happy now. And with that said the song of the day is Don't Worry, Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin. I hope you're all having a lovely December,

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment