Monday 15 December 2014

Blogmas Day 15- Favourite Christmas Songs

I'm so sorry for the massive break I had in the middle of Blogmas! I took a few days off while I was ill. Also my computer broke so I couldn't do any homework for a couple of days. I've been catching up with that so didn't have time to blog. Fun, fun, fun...

Anyway back to the post. One of my favourite things about Christmas (ok I know I say that about everything) is the music. It automatically makes you feel festive and no one can resist smiling whilst singing along. I also love that its socially acceptable to listen to the same songs over and over again at this time of the year. In no particular order, here are some of my all time faves:
  • All I Want For Christmas by Mariah Carey. I definitely have a love-hate relationship with this song. I'll be honest I think this song is overplayed. However that doesn't stop me jamming out whenever I hear it.
This vine is basically how I react to this song
  • Last Christmas by Wham. This is one of those cheesy Christmas songs that everyone loves. Whenever I hear it, I think of my Year 5 Christmas party because I remember that song playing very loudly. Bit random but yeah...

  • Shake Up Christmas By Train. This is a seriously underrated song and I only heard it this January. I know it was a little late to be listening to Christmas songs, but I guess you could say it was just early for next year. 
I haven't stopped listening to the
 song since the start of the year. Woops!
  • Do They Know Its Christmas by Band Aid. I think its really cool how they re-do this song with current pop stars to modernize a great song for a great cause. This year the all the profits went to treat people with Ebola. I love the original as much as the new one which says a lot! The latest one has most my favourite singers in it including the wonderful Ed Sheeran. 
I pretty much adore everyone in this photo
  • Fairytale of New York by the Pogues. This is my absolute favourite Christmas song. Admittedly, I have absolutely no idea what any of the lyrics are at the start so singing along with that bit is a complete guess. But I do like the tune when the chorus comes on. It's the jolliest thing I've ever heard. 
The video is classic in black and white

Thank you for reading Blogmas Day 15 and I will be trying to daily blog again. It's impossible for me to choose a song of the day today so I'm gonna have to say its all of the songs mentioned in the post. What are your favourite Christmas songs? xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment