Thursday 17 November 2016

Internet Communties

I recently celebrated my 3rd year youtube anniversary and it got me thinking about all the people I got to know within those years. It's so crazy to think that this major hobby of mine has been a part of my life for that long already, because it honestly feels like yesterday that I started posting videos. And over those years I've somehow ended up in a really wonderful, supportive community across all my social media platforms. So I just wanted to write this post as acknowledgement that you guys are seriously the best people ever, and for me to say a huge thank you to everyone involved in this little internet community.

#tbt Summer In The City where I got to meet so many of the people
I've been watching for ages!

Honestly, I just find internet communities and friendships the coolest thing ever. I class an internet community as anyone who reads/watches each other's content, leaves wonderful comments, or maybe just silently sits there and likes posts. The internet truly is just such an amazing invention, because it's just so awesome that it connects people from all over the world. It might also be the case for some people that without social media, they would have never stumbled across each other in their everyday lives. So it's really incredible that it unites people on a global scale.

In "real life" I've always been shy and quiet. In all honestly I just used to find it really difficult to gain the confidence to be able to speak to people face to face. I'm literally the most awkward person going so social interactions used to just go disastrously. But the great think about the internet is you can get to know people, whilst being behind the keyboard.

Its through the internet that I actually realised that there's people just like me out there. People with the same passions and interests. People with the same music taste and people who enjoy watching the same youtubers as me. I can't even tell you the amount of confidence that interacting with people over the internet gives me on an every day basis. It's made me feel like less of an outsider, and it's truly given me a place where I feel I belong.

And as time passes I'm starting to get more real life friends though the internet, which is something I never thought would happen. Like I never in a million years thought anyone would be interested in me or what I post online. Youtube events such as Summer In The City bring me so much joy you wouldn't even believe. It's such a surreal feeling knowing someone through their blog or channel for ages, and then finally meeting them in person. 

I would well and truly class internet friendships just as valid as real life friendships. Like, I can guarantee a lot of my online buddies know just as much about me as people who I see on an everyday basis and vice versa. 

So overall I just really wanted to say I can't believe that there's people out there who honestly spend time in their day interacting with me via social media. I've honestly been welcomed into the warmest, kindest internet groups and you guys have no idea how sweet you all are. Like, I seriously thought I'd get flooded with hate comments when I started being more active on social media. Thank you so much to everyone that's supported me with my content. I've really enjoyed getting to know you all well too, and forming friendships on line. The song of the day is I Need You by N Dubz because it's next on my playlist lmao. So this cheesy post is coming to an end and I just wanted to say thank you once again,

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment