Wednesday 24 December 2014

Blogmas Day 24- What Blogmas 2014 Has Taught Me

Merry Christmas Eve everybody! I'm currently relaxing in bed with my Christmas lights and candles on. I'm gonna emerge from my room later this evening to watch the Polar Express with my family. 

My fireplace has been looking pretty festive lately 

Blogmas 2014 has been amazing. I've really enjoyed writing these posts and also reading everyone else's posts throughout December. It definitely is the best time of year for blogging because everything just seems so exciting. But Blogmas has also been educational for me this year. Not educational in the sense of things you'd learn in a classroom, but I feel like I've gained a few experiences this month. 


  • The first thing I've learned is that daily blogging is bloody hard! There's a lot more to it than I first expected. Thinking of ideas, then writing it, finding/taking pictures to use and checking the post is so time consuming. Sadly I missed writing posts on days: 10, 12, 13 and 14. I was experiencing technical difficulties and was feeling ill. 
  • The second thing Blogmas taught me is that I can actually write posts faster than I thought. Usually, I would only write about 1 or 2 posts a week. That gave me plenty of time to think of ideas and check it before posting. But with a daily deadline, I decided it was time to speed up my writing. That means that I can now write posts quicker than before which will definitely save time.
  • Thirdly, by reading other people's Blogmas posts, I can tell that other people enjoy Christmas as much as I do. That's fantastic news! I love seeing people share the Christmas spirit and make the most of this time of year.
  • I've also realised, through daily blogging, that I need to organize my time a lot better. I've had less time for things like revision and homework this month and my exam results are certainly showing that. From now on, when I have days where I don't have as much work to do, I'm going to write my blog then instead of just spending all that time on Tumblr. 
  • Also, I've realised that I have a lot of preparation to do if I ever want to do Vlogmas. And I certainly do want to do Vlogmas one day. I need to organize my time more and actually get a life to document lol! I doubt I will do it next year because I will be even busier with Sixth Form but hopefully I will do it the year after that. 
  • And finally, Blogmas 2014 has taught me that blogging is so much fun. When I started my blog this January, I never imagined I would be here, 11 months later, attempting to daily-blog because blogging is my new hobby. It just shows that you never know that you might like something until you try it.

I hope you are enjoying Christmas Eve. The song of the day is Taylor Swift's cover of Santa Baby, because I think she has the sweetest voice so it fits the song perfectly. If you have done Blogmas this year, what has it taught you? xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment