Thursday 27 October 2016

50 Deep Questions Tag

Guess who's randomly really motivated to write blog posts? Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

So today I'll be answering the questions from the "50 Deep Questions Tag". I originally saw this tag on Louleecutie.blogspot.com and she has the most amazing blog so please check out her answers here if you haven't already! I just knew when I read the questions that I had to answer them myself, so here they are:  

1. What's your passion?

Media. In all shapes and form. I've always enjoyed watching TV and films because the whole concept of how they are made and put together really fascinated me. Then as a got older I started really enjoying expressing myself on social media, since I found it a lot easier to do there than in person. I've never been the most artistic person ever, so I turned to social media sites such as youtube and my blog as a form of creative outlet instead.

2. What would you do in life if you did not need to work for money?

Youtube, blogging and did I mention youtube? Literally all I do outside of work is film and edit videos, read/write blog posts and communicate with other content creaters. I think I have a social media addiction woops!

3. Where do you want to be in 5, 10, 20 or 40 years?

In 5 years I'd like to have graduated university (that's if I do decide to go) and have some sort of idea of what I want to do with my life. In 10 years I'd like to have a really really sucessful career going, gotta earn that $$$. And not to sound morbid AF but I've always kinda had the gut feeling I won't have the longest of lives. I don't know why I have that feeling, but I means I always do make the most of the moment. So who knows where I'll be in 20 or even 40 years!

4. What are your fundamental life values?

Try hard. Everyday. Make every moment count for something, like I said you never know how many moments you've got left. 

5. Who are the 3 most important people in your life?

I honestly think every person in my life is important. My friends and family are honestly the most important thing in my life and they keep me sane (or as sane as I can be!)

6. What is your biggest dream?

I really really really want to need to have a successful career in media. Like that's the only thing I can see myself doing and it's what I aspire to have every second of every day. My ultimate dream would to have my own successful social media business, but I've got a way to go to reach that goal yet!

7. How much are you willing to sacrifice for your dream to come true?

Everything! I'm willing to sacrifice any social life I have to focus hard on getting there. I've always been the sort of person to set aside my physical needs to get things done. If I need to skip meals, pull an all nighter, and sacrifice my mental sanity to make sure something will happen, that's exactly what will happen.

8. What are the three things in your life that you'd like to change?

The first thing I wish I could change is being a less anxious person. I recently plucked up the courage to go to the Doctor's and seek help for my stress and anxiety and I was diagnosed with having abnormal levels of anxiety. I just feel like it holds me back soooo much in life and it drives me crazy!

The second thing I'd like to change is my talent for editing and creativity. All I want in life is to be able to edit my videos professionally and come up with really good ideas, however all that seems to take me a lot more time than everyone else and I just don't have an artistic bone in my body!

The third thing I'd like to change is being a better friend. My friends are honestly the greatest people I could ever imagine having in my life and I just wish I was able to thank them more. I just wish I had enough time to meet up with them more, and money to be able to spoil them with lots of presents that they deserve!

9. When was the last time you laughed out loud?

When I watched the new Bridget Jones movie. I was crying-laughing at every scene and so was the rest of the cinema. I don't think I've ever seen so many people in the same room be in as much hysterics as whilst watching that film. 

10. What are you grateful for?

Definitely the wonderful and supportive people that I've been blessed enough to have in my life. Also my health. It's really not something I take for granted anymore, hence why I'm making more of an effort to eat healthier and look after myself.

11. When was the last time you tried something new?

I make it a personal goal of mine to try something new everyday. Even if it's something small, like the other day at work I had to go on the tills in the food hall of the shop I work in, rather than the tills in the clothes. It's nothing big, but I was still proud of myself for learning how to work the two different types of tills lol!

12. When was the last time you did something spontaneously?

The last spontaneous thing I did was ring the Doctor up out of the blue because I really felt like it was a time for an appointment, if that counts?

13. Which are the most memorable moments from your past?

Definitely going to Summer In The City this Summer. I was finally in a room filled with people who have the same passion as me, and I got to meet so many wonderful people. It was definitely an experience I'll never forget!

14. Are you making the same mistakes over and over again?

Haha I'm definitely guilty of doing that. I'm the most stubborn person going so when I think something's right, it takes me a few times of doing it before I finally except that it's not the right thing. 

15. Forget your real age for a second- now tell yourself how old you are

Probably like 12 tbh. Everyone thinks I look much younger than I am, and at the moment I feel like I'm in a really awkward stage of my life where I keep having to ask people for help. I just feel like I'm lacking the independence at the moment for different reasons, which is something that I hate!

16. How important is social approval for you?

Depends who it's approval from. If it's someone I respect then very important, because I always try to make sure I'm impressing the right sort of people. If it's getting social approval from someone I don't respect, e.g. a racist then I don't mind if they don't approve of my opinions because there's no way I approve of theirs!

17. Do you live for others or for yourself?

Bit of both really. I try to help others as much as a can. But now I'm starting to do things that suit me more. For example, choosing subjects to study that I have an interest in, instead of choosing them because I think they'll impress someone else. 

18. What is the last life lesson you learned?

Don't take things for granted. Especially not your health or the people you love. Omg could I get any more cheesy though?!

19. When was the last time you helped someone?

At work because I work as a customer assistant so it's literally my job to help people all day. 

20. Did you ever help a complete stranger?

When I was on holiday I helped an elderly lady do her shopping because she couldn't carry her basket or use the lifts by herself.

21. What is your greatest fear?

Not being able to achieve my dream. It's what I work for everyday and I'd hate it if my hard work never paid off.

22. Which word best describes your personality?

Crazy

23. What inspires you?

Watching other people work extremely hard and seeing their success stories. 

24. What is the biggest change initiated by you in the past 5 years?

Deciding to take a gap year. This year is the first year since I was 4 that I haven't been in education and to be completely honest I find it so liberating. I'm still not sure if I can face studying again. 

25. What's you life's biggest achievement?

Reaching 1000 subscribers on youtube. That was my ultimate youtube subscriber goal and I never though I'd ever reach it in a million years. I know it might not seem a lot to some people, but it's still way more than I could ever imagine. 

26. When was the last time you were proud of yourself?

When I turned up for my job interview despite being so incredibly nervous for it, and getting the job on the day.

27. If you could choose any place, where would you live?

Dublin! Since going in the Summer I've realised its literally where I want to spend the rest of my life, it's just so beautiful. 

28. What stops you from making the first step towards your dream?

Me, myself and I. I'm constantly telling myself I'm not good enough to do the things I want, so I shouldn't even try. 

29. When was the last time you took a risk?

I started linking my youtube channel on my personal instagram so people from my real life are more likely to find it. It's always been a big secret of mine, but now I'm starting to tell more people in my life and not worry about what they might say about it. 

30. Who are the three people who had the most powerful influence on you?

I know it's not one person, but my family are always influencing me on the way I live my life. The second person is Jenna Marbles since she was the first person I ever watched on youtube and made me realise I wanted to do that too. And the third person isn't really a person but it's everyone that's supported me with my blog and channel, since without their support I doubt I would have had the courage to continue.

31. What is your deepest secret?

I think Frozen is overrated... there I said it!

32. What is happiness for you?

Listening to Ed Sheeran's music.

33. What habits would you like to quit?

Staying up till crazy hours in the morning learning rap lyrics. As much fun as it is at the time, I hate myself for it when I try and get up the next morning. 

34. How much are you ready to sacrifice for a successful career?

If my career is my dream career, everything. If it's not something I'm passionate about then I'm not willing to sacrifice an awful lot if I'm honest.

35. What will you never forget?

My school days. I made a lot of good memories with friends at school which I'll never forget. But I think the thing I'll remember the most about school is how shy I was, and I've now made a promise to myself that I'll never be as unconfident as I was in school again. 

36. Which were the most emotional moments of your life?

I get way to invested in TV characters, so when it's an emotional scene in a series, I'm emotional.

37. If you wrote about your life and only mentioned the most colourful, vivid, strong and impressive periods, how many pages would the book be?

That's basically just what my blog is, so however many entries I've written!

38. How many times have you fallen in love?

None lmao I'm the least romantic person you could ever imagine and to be honest I'm not sure if I even believe in it. 

39. How many times has your heart been broken?

With the exception of when S Club 7 broke up, none.

40. What makes you keep motivated?

I'm definitely a workaholic so that would be completing my check list and keeping my eyes on the prize at all times.

41. Do you give up too soon?

If anything the opposite. I don't get the hint when something's not working out and spend too long trying to make things happen when they never will.

42. Do you know how it feels to wake up with a smile?

Nope, and even if I did ever know that feeling I've definitely forgotten it by now!

43. When was the last time you cried?

I'm a cry baby. I cry when I'm really happy, I cry when I'm really sad and I just cry constantly so probably today or yesterday.

44. Do you like your birthdays?

Is the Pope Catholic?

45. Are you at peace with yourself?

More than I've ever been but there's still a lot of work to be done haha!

46. If not for the financial matters, would you still be working where you're working now?

I definitely applied for my job because I needed that $$$ but with that said I'm so happy I'm doing my job role. It involves doing so many things out of my comfort zone and if you told me one year ago that I'd be just talking to random members of the public and actually enjoying it, I'd never believe you. So my job role has definitely done me the world of good and I'm happy I went for it. 

47. How much time do you spend on social networks?

All of it. I spend all my free time on social media, as I said, I think I have an addiction.

48. Is your cup half empty or half full?

I'm the biggest pessimist going so definitely half empty (something I'm working on though!)

49. Have you ever experienced a paradigm shift?

A whaty shift?

50. Do you usually listen to your heart or brain?

I have a pretty reliable gut instinct, so I definitely go with what my heart is saying, even if my brain is telling me it's wrong. I literally believe I'm psychic so my heart doesn't normally let me down.

Thank you very much for reading my little ramble.The song of the day is I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz, and feel free to give this tag a go yourself if you haven't already,

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment