Monday 8 December 2014

Blogmas Day 8- Why Am I doing Blogmas 2014?

So Blogmas has been going for 1 week now and I realised I never actually explained why I wanted to do it in the first place. Woops! So here we go...

Blogmas is where you write posts for your blog every single day of December up until Christmas. I originally heard about Vlogmas (essentially the same thing but uploading videos instead of blog posts) last year when I saw many YouTuber take part. Watching their videos were the highlight of my day and I wanted to do something similar.

Watching all the YouTubers, especially in Dubai, last year was so much fun

Unfortunately I don't have the time, equipment or exciting life to be able to daily vlog but what I do have is a blog. I never in a million years thought that when I started my blog, I would be doing anything like this. So I thought I would stretch my blogging a little bit further by challenging myself to write daily posts throughout this busy time of the year.

As well as getting the idea from vlogmas, many Beau Bloggers mentioned that they were also taking part in Blogmas. This just got me even excited to try it. Everyone's blogs on Beau Bloggers are amazing so I would highly recommend you check them out!

Another reason that I wanted to blog more was as a distraction. Sixth form is very busy at the moment with a lot of deadlines and exams. To stop me turning into a complete robot doing nothing but work I'm blogging more to unwind. It's important to have little things in your day to keep you going, and mine happen to be writing these Blogmas posts.

This is me about everything right now

The final reason that I wanted to give Blogmas 2014 a go is because Christmas is my favourite time of the year. I think it will be fun to do something like this every year from now to be able to look back and remember my Christmases.

This quote was too cute not to include


So that's why I'm doing Blogmas 2014. The song of the day is Shake Up Christmas by Train because it's such an underrated song that simply needs more recognition. If you are doing Blogmas this year, what made you decide to do it? xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment