Monday 14 December 2015

Blogmas Day 14: My Favourite Christmas Songs

I think I'm stating the obvious here, but I absolutely love music. And I also love Christmas too. So naturally, I absolutely love Christmas music!

I basically love every single Christmas song in existence, but for today's post I decided to make life difficult for myself and narrow it down to just 5. Here we go: 

1. My number one favourite Christmas song is Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty McColl. I love how shockingly bad the intro to this song is, and then how jolly the chorus is. If you don't scream out the chorus to this song every time you hear it you're doing Christmas wrong. 



2. Next up has got to be a guilty pleasure of mine, All I want For Christmas Is You, by Mariah Carey. Can we all just collectively agree that this is everyone's jam at Christmas. I have a huge smile on my face whenever I just hear the first note to the song. 



3. My third favourite Christmas song would have to be Shake Up Christmas by Train. In my opinion this is such an underrated song because not many people have heard it but it's sooooooo catchy. I literally play this all year round #noregrets



4. My 4th festive fave would have to be a song I grew up listening to, Last Christmas by Wham! This is another song you cant resist but to belt out. I don't think I've been to a single festive party or event where this song hasn't played because it's literally just a classic.



5. The final song I have to share would simply have to be Band Aid's Do They Know It's Christmas. I love EVERY version of this song, since they all hold a special meaning to me. I love the first few versions because they're what I grew up listening to at Christmas. However, I also like the most recent one because it's got all my favourite celebrities in it. 






So there you are, these are the songs I love to blast out at this time of year. The song of the day would have to be Shake Up Christmas by Train because I still feel like it's underrated. Do you like any of these songs yourself, or do you have different festive faves? Let me know in the comments.

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment