Tuesday 6 December 2016

Blogmas, Day 6 (2016) | St Nicholas Day

Happy 6th of December, aka St Nicholas Day. I know that some of you may celebrate it, in which case I hope you had a great day. And for those of you that don't know what this day is, this post is the one for you!


St Nicholas is celebrated in a few countries around the world where Christianity is celebrated. One of these countries where it is strongly practiced is Germany, and as some of you may know I'm part German. 

It's traditional on the evening of the 5th of December to leave your boots out for St Nick. And then, much like Santa (would you believe it!) he decides on whether or not you've been naughty or nice all year. If you've been good he fills your boots with sweets and treats. And if not, I believe he's meant to leave a stick or coal as a punishment. That way, you find out in the morning if you've been good or not!

This is a tradition that my family that we've been practicing since me and my sister were children, and that my mum grew up knowing too. This year was no exception, and I'm very very thankful that "St Nicholas" stopped by for another year. "He" was kind enough to leave me some lovely chocolates, marzipan (my ultimate bae), a gingerbread house which is awesome, and the world's coolest Christmas jumper.


My new swag jumper!

I hope you all had a lovely December 6th, whether you celebrated or not :) The song of the day is Do They Know It's Christmas by Band Aid. Do you celebrate St Nicholas day, or do you have any of your own traditions at this time of year? Let me know in the comments,

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment