Monday 3 February 2014

Songs Can Relate To Anything

Often, when I listen to song I'm like "oh wait, this song is about me" or "this song is just how I'm feeling" or "OMG that just happened". And then it hit me- WHAM- songs can literally be about anything and about anyone. Here are just a few songs that I feel are relatable at times and that I burst out singing when I feel it's relevant. 

  • I have the terrible habit of whenever someone says to me "question..." to start singing "tell me what you think about me, I buy my own diamonds and I buy my own rings" from Independent Woman by Destiny Child. 
  • When someone asks me what time it is I simply reply "SUMMER TIME, ITS OUR VACATION, WHAT TIME IS IT, PARTY TIME THAT'S RIGHT SAY IT LOUD". That little gem is from High School Musical 2 and that one has the best effect if you shout it full volume to catch people by surprise.
  • Walking down the crowded corridors at school and feeling like I've had my personal space violated in every way possible and the only thing that goes through my mind are the lyrics from Ludacris's truly inspirational song, Move. I don't think I even need to explain why. 
  • One thing that really gets on my nerves is when people constantly talk over you and you just cant get a word in edge-ways. But no worries I came up with the perfect solution. So from now on whenever people talk over me I'll simply belt out the entire lyrics to Beyonce's Listen with a dead serious, emotional face full of soul. That's sure to make everyone stop what their doing to well... listen. 
  • I hate it when  people try and push in front of you at a queue and your standing there at first like "urrm no. Can you not?!" And then the song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perry springs to mind when I'm like "and who do you think you are?" I mean, aint nobody gonna push in front of me when I'm trying to buy anything (I say anything the real problem is when I'm trying to buy food)
  • When people ask me why I'm so weird, and this will usually happen daily I find the best reply is to just sing (and dance of course) to Lady Gaga's Born This Way. 
  • To that person in every class who insists on answering to everything the teachers says, EVEN WHEN ITS NOT A QUESTION, I dedicate the following song to you: Shut Up by the Black Eyed Peas
  • I love browsing through clothes in shops. The key word here is browsing because there is no way I can afford anything at the moment. Then a beautiful item of clothing wildly appears in front of me, I go to buy it but see the price tag. After seeing how much it actually is I reluctantly have to place it back which would be the perfect opportunity for Adele to appear out of the blue uninvited (hahaha I'm so clever thinking of that) and sing "never mind I'll find someone like you..."
  • I find that the best way to let people know that I'm stealing one of their possessions (only innocent stuff like pencils or rubbers) is singing "look at this stuff, isn't it neat, wouldn't it make my collection complete" from the song Part Of Your World from The Little Mermaid. 
  • And finally, the worst thing someone can do around me is start a sentence with "sometimes" because there is no way on earth I can allow myself to let them finish without singing You Got the Love by Florence and the Machine.
So anyway, that's what just goes through my mind during those suituations. I'm so normal right? Right? hahahaha... *laughs unconvinced* 

A feature I did in my last blog was the song of there day and I thought this was a nice feature to continue with. The song of the day today has to be Billionaire by Bruno Mars. Its an olden but a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment