Friday 31 January 2014

My Life Is Music


Listening to music just has to be the most amazing thing in the world. Not even one day goes by without me blasting music at full volume, which obviously makes me very popular with my friends and family! Slight problem though is that I am tone deaf and have absolutely no musical talent whatsoever.

Thankfully this slight set back doesn't stop me listening to music 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I'm pretty sure I'm perfectly normal dancing round my room acting like a Disney princess who spontaneously bursts into songs narrating her every movement. And who else doesn't dream of having a high school musical type moment at school where you start singing and everyone knows the words automatically. No hesitation. No questions asked. Just a perfect dance number.


One day this will happen in my school canteen I'm sure of it...

As I mentioned in my first blog, there's not just one type of music I listen to. I LIKE IT ALL. Well not quite but my absolute fav is the wonderful Ed Sheeran. Its a privilege that I get the opportunity, no no no the life experience to go and see him in October this year. Every song he has ever written is pure pure perfection. And as if my life couldn't get any better I get to see Little Mix and Once Direction too. Those concerts will be slap-bang in the middle of my exams so I'm sure I'll concentrate just fine. I'll just try not to burst out singing in the history exam I have a few hours before (but can't promise anything). Its gonna be a crazy year for concerts and I cant wait! My exact feelings are:
OMGOMGOMFGICANTEVENBELIEVEITOMOMGOMOGMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Although listening to music is a wonderful way to pass my time, I fear my obsession is becoming a problem. The worst problem I have with it is that once I become obsessed with a song I will listen to it religiously. As in constantly non stop for days on end until everyone around me gets sick of that song. But you know what they say, the first stage of dealing with a problem is admitting you have one.


Yep so I would definitely be any one of these characters if it meant it would be socially acceptable for me to sing all day long

From the moment I wake up in the morning to the moment I have to force myself off YouTube in the evening before going to bed music will be constantly on my mind. Whether its playing out loud or just in my head. I literally have a song stuck in my head every day!


The song of the day today that I'm obsessed with is Lana Del Rey's cover of Once Upon a Dream. Who knew anyone could make a Disney song sound so creepy, but make a creepy song so beautiful. She is truly the only person that could have pulled it off!


No comments:

Post a Comment