Friday 7 February 2014

Lately I Been, I Been Losing Sleep...

...Dreaming about the things that we could be. But baby I been I been praying hard. Said no more counting dollars we'll be counting starts! Sorry got carried away that's such a good song *goes to listen to One Republic album*

Anyway what I really wanted to say was how difficult I can find it to get to sleep some nights. Well... most nights. *WARNING- this post will be rather unstructured, rambly and quite random as it was written after a long day that started with waking up at 3.45am completely out of the blue*


This picture describes perfectly how sleeping feels for me

I spend all day counting down the hours, the minutes and then finally the seconds until I can go back to bed but then what happens? As soon as my head hits the pillow my mind decides to wake up! Even the smallest things can keep me up all night. Some most pathetic examples of what keeps me up are: I forgot to pack my school bag for the next day, I forgot to do my homework, I forgot to brush my teeth. 

I think my problem is being obsessive. I get worried over the smallest thing and wont be able to do anything until I've finished what I had to do. 

The second problem is I'm pretty hyper (at times). Listening to music to relax only makes things worse. Much worse! It puts me in a happy, jammy, excited mood and then there's no chance on earth that I will be going to sleep that evening.
Ever listen to a really good song and then you have this reaction?

And the problem it causes is I feel like I'm in a trance the entire time so I cant even be myself. It seems that people only know me a half asleep zombie Izzy, not actual Izzy. 


This is the most accurate picture I can find of what I look and feel like during the school day

Anyway I didn't come here to complain, just get something off my chest. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like this and I'm still searching for the answer to be able to get to sleep before 12.30am. 

Until then, good night, sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite

And to no one's surprise the song of the day is *insert drum roll noises*...COUNTING STARS BY ONE REPUBLIC. 


No comments:

Post a Comment