Wednesday 19 February 2014

My "Comfort" Zone

OK so this blog is probably going to be the cheesiest thing I have ever written in my life. Like seriously cheddar cheesy but its been something that's been on my mind for quite some time so here I go...



Maybe I'll move here- Cheddar Gorge (haha see what I did there)

I have always been crazy. As in completely insane and not remotely normal. However I like to keep this a little secret between me and and few select friends who know me well. You see I like to stay quiet.

Doing crazy, weird, fun things is my favorite thing in the world. The problem is these things attract attention to me but I don't like the attention that comes with it. I absolutely hate any sort attention on me. Like I seriously die whenever a teacher asks me a question and the whole class falls silent to hear my answer and my reaction is just: "urrmm *insert cricket noises here*".


My face when everyone focuses their attention on me

The thing is I'm not a quiet person. My close friends and family actually have a pretty hard time shutting me up. Its just that I'm a particularly shy person and I don't like people judging me so I try and act like I don't exist. I find it harder to speak up around people I know. For example I think it the people that I've been going to school for years now that never hear me speak would find it stranger if I suddenly started talking more than a person who never met me before. 

That's the reason I like to stick to my comfort zone. But by doing this I'm feeling that I miss out on soooo much. So I've come up with a way that I think will build up my confidence slowly but surely. Simply doing one thing a day that is out of my comfort zone no matter how big or small it is. Then hopefully I'll eventually have the confidence to be myself around people. These things could be:


  • Talking to a different person- even if it's just asking them for a pencil
  • Attempting to post YouTube videos- even if their not very good
  • Posting things generally around the internet such as more tweets- This way I wont come home and feel like I've disappeared of the face of the earth because no one knows I'm there.
  • Acting weird in front of strangers because I'll never see them again
  • Working on my phobias such as heights.

Phew that feels good to finally have a little plan to go by!

The song of the day is Let the Sun Shine by Labrinth. It's not really relevant but its a proper feel good song

No comments:

Post a Comment