Wednesday 8 July 2015

Sprinkle Of Glitter's Book Signing

I seriously cannot believe I'm typing this but yes, somehow I was lucky enough to meet the wonderful Louise Pentland at her book signing in Birmingham. Her YouTube channel, Sprinkleofglitter, has over 2 million subscribers and she deserves every single one of them. She makes beauty and lifestyle videos and shares her hilarious sense of humor in all of them. 

How much do we all love the colour scheme of the book?

Holy Moly I actually have a signed copy!

Louise's book, Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter, has already been a huge success and I know it will continue to be. It is a non-fiction book about her life experiences and filled with advice in general. You can tell it really is Louise's book because it's filled with her bubbly personality and it just feels like you're sitting down and having a chat with her. Even though I've only had this book for a couple of hours, it's already one of my favourites. I can just tell that I'll keep going back to it and read it over and over again. 

I went to the book signing with my fellow YouTube fangirl, Georgie. However, before we made our way into town I went to Georgie's house to chill. We watched American Horror Story and the Inbetweeners (aka the best TV shows ever made) and hyped ourselves up about meeting Louise. Then, at about 2.30pm we started making our way in because we wanted to be nice and early. 

As we got there early, the queue was not too bad. I'm glad that we got there when we did because the queue soon started getting bigger and we would have been there for hours otherwise. You could tell we were eager. 

There must seriously be something about the YouTube community that naturally makes people be super friendly. Even the security guards were kind. They're usually trying to rush you to make sure everyone gets a turn, but these ones were making sure everyone was prepared and even said "if anyone gets too hot in here, let us know and we'll help you out". Awww

We had just had a moment to catch our breath after walking to to the top floor when, from the corner of my eye, I saw a women walk into the room. A woman so beautiful she could honestly be mistaken for a Disney princess. I think the reality of where I was hadn't quite hit me yet because all I remember thinking was "Wow, that woman really looks like Louise". And then I realised that it actually was Louise, LIKE THE REAL LOUISE WAS STANDING IN THAT ROOM!

The whole room did the fangirl scream (you know the one I'm talking about) which was then followed by loads of awww-ing. I had no idea what everyone was cooing about until I heard someone say the name Darcy. Yes, I kid you not, Louise had even brought sweet little Darcy along- and let me tell you she is adorable. 

As we were approaching the table both mine and Georgie's hands were shaking with excitement. I had heard the boy in front of us talk about how his first date was in this Waterstones. I can only assume he told Louise this as we could her her ask "Waterstones? WATERSTONES? You went on a date to Waterstones? Please aim higher". I literally couldn't stop laughing when I heard this. 

As we went to her table she was still in shock about someone going on a date to Waterstones that she turned to us and asked "have you ever been on a date to Waterstones?". I replied "No I can't say I have" and told her that she looked beautiful. (I'm such a beg, I know but I couldn't help it). I still can't believe that I actually talked to her. Like, she actually said words to me and I actually said some back!  Darcy was occupied by playing with something on the table. She was so cute sat next to Louise and was extremely well behaved. She clearly has a fantastic mother. 

Louise was so kind and lovely. You could tell that she was happy to be there. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take any pictures inside but that's understandable because at her last signing some people took too long taking selfies that not everyone was able to meet her. I think that she came up with the best solution as she was able to meet everyone and thank them for their support. I'd just like to say a massive thank you to Louise for doing this signing and being so happy whilst doing it. As cheesy as it sounds, I think the memory of this day will stay with me forever. 

As soon as I got back all I wanted to do was read the book from start to finish. But alas, I had psychology homework to do in the meantime. Grrrrggh why does Sixth Form think it's appropriate to still be on at this time of the year?!? But I've already had a sneaky look through the pages and the book looks AMAZING. I honestly don't think I'll ever get bored of it. 

Why did today have to end? Can I do it again tomorrow? Honestly though, I had such a lovely time meeting Louise at her signing. She deserves all the success she's receieved and I was more than happy to purchase her book. Do you guys have a copy of this book yet, and if so what do you think? xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment