Thursday 16 August 2018

My Advice For University Freshers Week

It's so weird to think that my fresher's week was almost a year ago. Since it's A Level results day today I thought I'd share my amazing advice to anyone starting uni in September, if that's the path you've decided to go down. 

Mood the whole of freshers

Fresher's week alone is a university experience in itself. I'd say it was definitely one of the most exhausting but funniest weeks of my life. Here is my advice that I'd give myself if I was to do it all over again...


1. Meet as many people as possible- People say you don't even speak to half the people that you meet in freshers week again, but that doesn't matter. During freshers everyone is forming their cliques and it's just easier to make friends right from the start rather than midway through the year. 

No matter what you enjoy doing, you're gonna
 find people with the same hobbies as you

2. You don't have to drink to fit in- Personally, I am a drinker, but trust me I know people who don't go near alcohol. There are plenty of freshers societies to join that don't involve going out out as a way to meet new people.

Me trying to figure out which one of my friends
gave me that final shot that pushed me over the edge

3. It is exhausting- Going out partying, drinking, and not eating properly for a week solid can really mess with your system. It's one big blur that you can't remember, but never forget.


4. Freshers flu is no joke- At my uni it proper hit during the second week, after everyone was partied out. Definitely stock up on your fruit&veg and Beroccas to overcome it. 

Looking for my card after a night out when I could have 
sworn it was in my purse

5. NEVER take your card with you on a night out- For the love of God just don't do it! If you're anything like me you'll take it "just for emergencies" and then the emergency ends up being "OMG I need another jagerbomb"...then you end up being horrendously into your overdraft. That's considering all things go well and you don't lose it first. 

 As it's results day today for A Level students, I hope you've all got the grades you wanted. And if not, speaking from experience, everything still manages to work out for the best somehow! 

The song of the day is I Wanna Go by Britney Spears. Are you going to be partaking in Freshers 2018? If so let me know your plans in the comments,

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment