Thursday 4 January 2018

Why I Make 'New Month Resolutions'

Well well well I guess this is it my very first post of 2018. I'm hoping to keep on top of my blog this year and just really make it the best quality that I can, so if you want to please stick around ;)

Happy New Year

So urrrm 2018?  Can't lie it's not been "my" year so far this year. I've come down with a sickness bug, and my work has an issue with my payment so it's January 4th at the moment and quite literally all that's happened to me this year is I've thrown up and not been paid. Still, I have hope for 2019!!!

Anyway, what I really wanted to talk about in this post is New Year's resolutions and why I don't necessarily 100% believe in them. Don't get me wrong, I don't see any harm in evaluating your life as a whole, and working on ways to be the best version of yourself. I just don't see the point in waiting once a year to do it. If you want to improve something about yourself, just do it, don't wait for a certain point on your calendar to do so.

Personally, I like to make little New Month Resolutions that are small and hopefully achievable. So for this month I decided I'd share mine for January:

1. Join the gym- a cliche one I know but it's gotta be done since I've never actually joined a gym in my life oops! But at my uni it only costs £25 for an annual membership so come on Iz you really can't afford not to!

2. Spice up my hair- Ok little confession I've been trying to dye my hair silver for the last few months but literally my hair just isn't taking to any sort of dye or bleach and ends up looking exactly the same every time. So I'm gonna find something that works to make my hair look a lil different.

3. Stand up for myself- I may as well get the word "mug" tattooed onto my forehead at this point because honestly that's how I act. I need to learn that some people don't have your best interests at heart and it's ok to say no sometimes and it's not unreasonable or rude to stick up for myself if I feel like I'm being pushed over.

4. Not miss a single upload- I really want to keep on top of my videos and blog posts this year because I really want 2018 to be the year I push my content to the next level.

5. Interact with my audience more- I'm always so grateful to anyone who takes the time to look at the content I produce, and leaves feedback on it. Therefore I want to make more of an effort with those people to make sure I stay in contact with them and let them know how much I appreciate them.

The song of the day is Temporary Fix by One Direction because I'm listening to it right now. Do you have any New Year's resolutions or monthly resolutions? If so let me know in the comments,

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment