Wednesday 25 November 2015

Let's Talk About Mental Health: Video Edition

I've mentioned a few times on my blog that a subject I feel really really passionately about is mental health. A few months ago I started sharing my thoughts about the topic on this blog, and now I want to start incorporating the topic into my youtube channel. 

Here is the video. I hope you like it :)

The first post I wrote about this topic was called Let's Talk About Mental Health where I explained that it was essential to raise awareness for mental health, and eliminate the negative stigma attached to it. Please check out that post if you want to know more about why I'm standing up for the topic. Since I'm growing a wider audience on my channel now I thought it would be important to share my message there. 

I've also written about a mental health charity that I think do amazing work called SANE. In summary, they have many helplines where you can seek for help, forums where you can share your own experience and the Black Dog Tribe which is a dedicated social network community for mental health. 

And if you missed my other posts, I looked online for some mental health organisations and helplines in case you need support. I truly hope you're not suffering from any mental health issues but if you are please don't hesitate to seek help. 

  • Sane (mental health charity). Phone:  0300 304 7000
  • Mind  (mental health charity). Phone: 0300 123 3393
  • Rethink (mental health charity). Phone: 0300 5000 927
  • Beat (eating disorder charity). Phone: 0845 634 1414
  • OCD Action (support for people with OCD). Phone: 0845 390 6232
  • OCD UK (charity for people with OCD) Phone: 0845 120 3778
  • No Panic (charity offering support for sufferers of panic attacks). Phone: 0844 967 4848 
  • Anxiety UK (charity providing supporting people with anxiety). Phone: 08444 775 774
  • Depression Alliance (support for people with depression) 
  • The Quite Place Project, Thoughts Room. (anonymous venting)  
(Also, if you have anything else you'd like to add please let me know in the comments)

Mental health issues are an awful thing to have to suffer from, but it's worse to have to go through them alone. There are millions and millions of people across the world that suffer from them so please be assured that you are not alone. And also remember that there are ways to seek help, and that there are people out there that can and will help you. If you have no one to talk to please remember that you can also leave me a comment on my blog or contact me through social media if you feel like you have no one to talk to.

I hope you found my video useful, it's the first of many related to mental health that will feature on my channel. Also, if you have specific requests of mental health related topics that you would like me to cover, I'll do my best to educate myself on that topic and make a video on it. The song of the day is Shine by Take That because I was just listening to it lol! I really hope I did this topic justice, thank you so much for reading. 

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment