Monday 14 September 2015

University- To Go Or Not To Go?

If you're looking for helpful advice on whether to go to Uni or not, this probably isn't going to be the most useful post ever. This is merely me expressing my dilemma and drawing up the advantages and disadvantages of going. Also, please help me lol!

If you didn't already know, I'm an extremely indecisive person. Like to the point where I can't even decide on what meal to have at a restaurant. As you can imagine, I'm having quite a lot of difficulty making decisions that will effect the rest of my life.


"She's indecisive, She can't decide, She keeps on looking, from left to right"
Forever getting that song stuck in my head from the word indecisive

And talking to other people who were in the same boat as me didn't exactly help. Everyone I talked to who did go to uni said that it was good fun but they didn't really need it. And everyone I spoke to that said they didn't go said they really wish they did. Someone at my work experience had do make up with the qualifications he could have got in uni, by doing 15 years of night school. 15 years!!!


                                       Does 15 years of night school sound appealing?

And this is where my dilemma starts. See, I'm obviously aware that university gives you an advantage if you know what you want to do. And I've heard nothing but good stories about all the friends you make, parties you go to and the memories you make. However, I don't know what I want to do, and I don't really feel like doing a degree for the sake of it or just because everyone is.

See my main problem is that I have noooooooo idea what to study or where to study it. I love the idea of getting a psychology degree and if I was going to go to uni that would be the subject I would study. But I don't really see myself being a psychologist, or not full time anyway. I'd use it to help me get further in a different career, for example marketing.

And its just the fact that the courses nowadays cost a lot of money. Like a lot of money. And I have like zero money. And when I ask people who said they were glad to go to uni, if they would still do the same degree nowadays considering how much it costs they said "actually, probably not!"


This will be me asking the bank for a loan if I do decide to go

So in summary: I don't know where to study, I don't know if I want to study in the first place, I don't want to go just because everyone else is and I don't have a spare £12,000 a year to spend on something I'm not exactly fussed about, but I have no idea what to do instead if I don't go to university. 


An accurate representation of me trying to decide what to do with my life

I'm still not certain if I'll be going to uni or not, I don't want to completely dismiss it at this stage though. I do know that I'll definitely be taking a gap year and I'm more than excited for that! 


I'm sure I'll feel like this guy when I come back from my "Gap Yah"
If you have no idea what I'm talking about here's the video

Thank you for putting up with yet another one of my little rambles. The song of the day is Eeenie Meenie by Justin Bieber and Sean Kingston because I have that song stuck in my head after writing this post. Has anyone been in this situation or have any advice, if so please let me know in the comments xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment