Wednesday 23 September 2015

London Vlog

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to pop down to London for a day. I hadn't been for a couple of years, and since London is my favourite city, I was pretty excited to go again.


I hope you enjoy the video! :)

The reason we went in the first place was because my friend Alina from Germany came over and as a belated birthday present we decided to show her the wonderful sights in London. It was really fun being a tourist for a day. 

Well to start of with, when we got out the car park we got lost because my dad was holding the map upside down. Not a great start haha!

Since we arrived at lunch time we decided to go and grab a bite to eat. We wanted to go to a Pizza Express because we were all craving a pizza (as always) and found a lovely one right in the middle of a cute little square. They were even playing Ed Sheeran on the radio so it was literal perfection. 

Then, as we started walking about we needed the toilets so we decided to try and find some in Selfridges. It took us about half an hour to find any though because the shop is so bloody huge! And verrrry expensive. Let's just say it was clear we were only there to use the toilets because we didn't exactly fit in. I legit saw a woman buying a pair of Gucci shoes for her daughter that was about 3 years old! 

Then we hunted down the Lush on Oxford Street which had to be my absolute favourite bit. You could smell the shop from the other side of the road and everywhere you look you see bags filled with bath bombs. Not to mention the fact that the staff there are some of the nicest people I've ever met and they were extremely helpful. I seriously wanted to move into that shop and never leave. 

We spent the rest of the evening looking at as many of the major tourist sights as we could. We walked round Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square. Then we walked past Big Ben to the London Eye and walked down the roads next to the Thames. 

Sadly, it was getting late so we had to start making our way back. We took a taxi that gave us our final tour around London for the day. We drove past Hyde Park (I think?) and down to Buckingham Palace. I only remember seeing it once before when I was 8 and very tired so it was nice to be able to see it again. 

It was a really special day and we all had such an amazing time. I'm glad I vlogged the day because I seriously wanted to be able to savour the memory of going down to my favourite city again. The song of the day is Headlights by Robin Schulz. Have you ever been to London, and if so, what did you think of it? xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment