Sunday 18 January 2015

Seeing Bethan Leadley (Musical Bethan) Live!

Yesterday, the 17th of January, I went to the Birmingham Institute to see the amazing Bethan Leadley perform live. 

She is also known as her YouTube name MusicalBethan. On her channel she has uploaded many songs, both covers and originals. She has a great talent for singing and song writing and I'm so happy to see how far she has come. After starting off by posting songs on YouTube she is now touring around the country.

Here is my ticket which is signed by Bethan and Dodie

I went with my friend Georgie, after discovering that she watches Bethan too. I couldn't believe it when she told me because we'd both been watching her for ages but it just never came up in conversation before. Georgie organised the tickets and sent her dad on a mission to buy them as soon as they came out. He clearly did a good job as we were lucky enough to get the first two tickets from the entire night! And we got to the second row which meant we were so close the entire time. 

The support acts were friends of Bethan and also fellow YouTubers. The show started off with the lovely Dodie Clark (Doddleoddle) who sung beautifully. Apparently she was really nervous but I thought she was hilarious and did really well. Then the band Box of Light performed. They were great too and really got the crowd in the spirit by playing loudly (in a good way) and dancing around on stage. 

Then it was time for the wonderful lady, Bethan, herself to come on. She made a brief appearance before hand as she had to walk across stage to get to the toilet. We all pretended that "we didn't see that" though. She perfomed a couple of covers by Ed Sheeran, Fall Out Boy and Taylor Swift as well as the songs from her new EP. We were even lucky enough to get an exclusive preview of a new song that she recently wrote. 
Me and Bethan!

I look so awkward but here's me and Dodie

As we were queuing for merch, she walked right passed me. Like right NEXT TO ME! I tried to play it cool but my inner fangirl was exploding. After that we managed to get photos with both Bethan and Dodie. Bethan was lovely, we took loads of pictures and she hugged me like 5 times. She apologized for all the hugging which honestly wasn't necessary! Then we spoke to Dodie and took pictures. She told us she was so nervous about performing and her heart was pounding loud. To be honest you couldn't tell and it just looked like she was really exited. 

So there we are, that was me experience meeting and watching MusicalBethan. If you haven't already, please check out her channel. It was one of the best gigs I've been to and all the acts can sing really well live. The song of the day is Alright To Be Alright by Bethan Leadley because that's my favourite song of hers. Do you watch Bethan on YouTube? If you do let me know in the comments and we can fangirl together xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment