Sunday 2 March 2014

Reasons to be happy

Being a 16 year old girl I may sometimes get the urge to complain. That's pretty normal for a teenager. But then I have a reality check and realize there's actually a lot to be happy about. I came up with 10 simple reasons why I and other people in the same situation as me should be happy. 

And without further ado here are the 10 reasons in no particular order:

  • Nice weather- Although living in England, the weather is never too exciting, when it's different it does make my day. It just makes me laugh how even the slight change in temperature causes the entire country to go into *EXTREME WEATHER CONDITION MODE* even it it just means one snowflake falling on the ground. As this country is completely unprepared for anything other than an over cast it means "yay snow day" which obviously makes me very happy. 
  • I have water- This only just sunk in the other day. All I have to do to ensure I stay alive is turning on a tap. I can even chose if I have a cold glass of water or a hot shower, it still comes out the tap.
Genius invention!

  • THE INTERNET- honestly I don't know how people lived without it as my entire spare time is spent watching countless hours of videos... mainly of cats.
  • Food- Eating is not only essential to me, its also a hobby. Some of my personal favorites include: Nandos, pasta, chocolate and pizza. Just finding out I'll have any of these for my meal brings joy to my life. 
  • Music- There's a song for every emotion. When your happy the best way to stay happy is to listen to music. Even on a bad day, listening to sad songs and hearing your feelings being sung just makes everything better.
  • Friends and family- I know that wherever I am and whatever happens I will always have someone to turn to that will make me smile (its unreal how cheesy I can be sometimes!)
  • Opportunities- I live in an environment where there is an opportunity around every corner, if you look for them. I know that I have the chance to do whatever I want in life. Now I just have to find out what it is I want to do...
  • I'm healthy- I may have the odd headache or sniffles occasionally but that's nothing compared to the illnesses and diseases some people have. This is something I don't take for granted.
  • I'm alive- Think about it for a moment... YOU ARE A LIVING BEING. That means you have the chance to live and have fun in life. #YOLO. Ok I hate myself for using that phrase but honestly, you do only live once so why not make the most of that one life you get?
Me realizing I should make the most of my life

  • Every problem I will ever have is just a first world problem- This is something I think about everyday without fail. Whenever I feel like complaining or think that I have it bad I just remember that whatever problem I face, that is nothing compared to what some people have to deal with everyday of their life.
This is the picture by Banksy that literally changed my entire attitude. 

There is nothing more important when you're feeling upset and unfortunate to look at your life and see everything you have to be grateful for. Aaaannd the song of the day is Happy by Pharrell Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment